THE MISSION OF MISS AMERICA 2.0
To prepare great women for the world and to prepare the world for great women.
The Vision of Miss America 2.0
THERE SHE IS ~
- Miss neurosurgeon, Miss social activist, Miss jet pilot, Miss artist, Miss investigative journalist, Miss expert coder, Miss CEO. Miss Whatever She Wants to be.
- And yes, she is beautiful. Beautiful in the way she is smart, principled and passionate.
- Stunning in how she leads, commands a room and makes an impact.
- Striking in her authenticity, adaptability, fearlessness, genuine, and ability to take her power and use it to change the world.
- Never guided by what she should but forever driven by what she could do.
- She has the confidence, the skills, and is empowered to make it happen.
- There she is. Miss America.
- No wonder she has a crown--she rules.
To become a Miss Iowa contestant, you must:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 25
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet residency requirements for competing
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local, state and national competition(s) in which you compete
The Miss Iowa Scholarship Program's mission is to provide scholarship awards within a competitive system designed to enhance educational and career opportunities for young women. While encouraging young women to serve as positive role models through service and personal development, the Miss Iowa Scholarship Program provides exposure to experiences that personal confidence, showcase talents, and serve the community.
EDUCATION is our goal!
The Miss Iowa Scholarship Program is a non-profit organization
solely dependent on grants and contributions from businesses, organizations, individuals,
and special event fundraisers, to support the scholarship awards and operation expenses
of the Miss Iowa program. Your contributions play a vital role as we continue to
offer college scholarships to some of the most outstanding young women of Iowa.
Thank YOU for contributing to our success.